Tuesday 8 November 2011

On My Way

I know, I was supposed to be sending a post from Indonesia by now but another delay due to Visa hold up at the Consulate in Toronto. Should have flown there myself to get it! BUT, here I am at Heathrow airport ready for the next leg of the journey in a few hours. I will arrive in Denpasar, Bali on Wednesday evening, Bali time, 14 hours ahead of Alberta, and expect that I will be a few days later than other volunteers who arrived the previous Saturday. I believe the schedule is that I will move in with a local family on the weekend, and begin real language training and continue for 4 weeks of cultural, language training and some motorcycle riding to get me onto left side of the road and other intricacies of Indonesian transportation.
So, as Mark Twain so eloquently said: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the things you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbour, catch the Trade Winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Life, huh? Doesn't it offer opportunities? Talk to you next from Bali.

No comments:

Post a Comment